If you’re looking to sell products or services online, two of the top options for creating high-converting sales funnels and landing pages are Samcart and Leadpages. But which one should you choose?
In this comprehensive Samcart vs Leadpages comparison, we’ll look at the key differences between these two powerful platforms to help you decide which is the better fit for your business. We’ll compare features, templates, integrations, pricing, and more – everything you need to make an informed decision.
By the end of this post, you’ll understand the pros and cons of Samcart and Leadpages, so you can confidently choose the best platform to increase conversions and grow your online revenue. Let’s dive in!
What is Samcart and What Does it Offer?
Samcart is a shopping cart and landing page builder specifically designed for digital entrepreneurs to sell products and services online.
It allows you to create beautiful, high-converting checkout pages easily, order bumps, upsell pages and more to maximize revenue from each customer. Samcart seamlessly integrates with payment processors like Stripe and PayPal to offer a complete solution for your online store.
Some of Samcart’s key features include:
- Gorgeous checkout page templates to showcase your offers
- Built-in order bumps and upsell funnels to increase order value
- Subscription payment options to sell recurring products or services
- Affiliate Center to create your own affiliate program and get more traffic
- Sales tracking and analytics to monitor revenue and conversions
- Integration with email services like AWeber to build your list
Overall, Samcart provides everything you need to create a profitable online store, from landing pages to get visitors in the door to checkout pages that convert them into paying customers.
What Does Leadpages Offer?
Leadpages is one of the most popular landing page builders on the market. It makes it easy for anyone to create high-converting landing pages for lead generation or product launches in minutes.
With Leadpages, you can:
- Choose from dozens of professionally designed templates
- Drag and drop to customize your landing pages
- Integrate with email marketing platforms like MailChimp
- Set up forms to capture leads and grow your email list
- Add calls-to-action, videos, images, and more to increase conversions
- Publish landing pages on your own domain for branding
- Split test variations to improve page performance
- View analytics on views, clicks and conversions
While Leadpages excels at creating landing pages to capture leads and email subscribers, it doesn’t have built-in shopping cart capabilities like Samcart. You can link Leadpages landing pages to a PayPal checkout, but the integration isn’t as seamless as using Samcart’s complete sales funnel solution.
Samcart vs Leadpages: Key Feature Comparison
Now that we’ve covered the basics of what each platform offers let’s compare some of the key features side-by-side:
Samcart and Leadpages offer beautiful, professionally designed templates to get you started quickly. Samcart’s templates are tailored for checkout and sales pages. Leadpages offers templates for all types of landing pages, including product launches.
Samcart lets you easily create optimized checkout pages to convert shoppers into buyers. Leadpages doesn’t offer built-in checkout features.
Samcart makes it easy to increase order value with one-click upsells and order bumps. This isn’t a feature in Leadpages.
If you want to sell subscriptions or membership programs, Samcart supports recurring payments. Leadpages only offers one-time payments.
Samcart has a built-in affiliate platform, while Leadpages would require a third-party affiliate program.
Email Marketing Integrations
Both Samcart and Leadpages integrate with email marketing platforms like AWeber and MailChimp to help you build your list.
Samcart and Leadpages offer excellent analytics to track conversions, sales revenue, and key metrics.
Samcart has 3 flexible monthly pricing tiers ranging from $49 to $199. Leadpages starts at $37 per month for their Standard plan. More on pricing is below.
As you can see, while the platforms share some similar capabilities, Samcart specializes in maximizing sales and revenue, where Leadpages focuses on capturing leads and email list building.
Main Differences Between Samcart and Leadpages
To summarize so far, here are some of the key differences between the two platforms:
- Purpose: Samcart is an e-commerce solution for selling products online, while Leadpages specializes in landing pages for lead generation.
- Templates: Samcart’s templates are designed for high-converting sales pages. Leadpages has templates for all types of landing pages.
- Checkout Pages: Samcart makes it easy to create optimized checkout processes. Leadpages doesn’t offer built-in checkout/shopping cart features.
- Order Bumps/Upsells: Samcart lets you easily increase order value with one-click upsells/order bumps. This isn’t a feature in Leadpages.
- Subscription Payments: Samcart supports recurring payments for memberships/subscriptions. Leadpages only supports one-time payments.
- Affiliate Center: Samcart has a built-in affiliate platform. Leadpages would need third-party affiliate software.
- Email Marketing: Both integrate with email marketing platforms like AWeber and MailChimp.
- Analytics: Both platforms provide excellent analytics and conversion tracking.
Samcart vs Leadpages: Pricing Comparison
One of the biggest considerations when choosing between Leadpages and Samcart is the pricing. Here’s an overview of what each platform costs:
Samcart has 3 flexible pricing tiers:
- Launch – $79/mo
- Grow – $159/mo
- Scale – $319/mo
Overall, Samcart provides excellent value for the features and revenue-driving capabilities included in each plan. As your business grows, you can easily upgrade your account.
Leadpages pricing starts at $37 per month for the Standard plan.
The Standard plan includes:
- Unlimited landing pages
- Unlimited traffic and leads
- 2 websites/domains connected
- Basic integrations (Mailchimp, etc)
- Standard templates
Upgrading to the $79 per month Pro plan gets you additional templates, unlimited connected sites, and advanced integrations like Salesforce, HubSpot and Marketo.
At $321 per month, the Advanced plan includes extras like white-label/custom branding and an SMS marketing credits.
Leadpages does offer a 14-day free trial to test it out.
Overall, Leadpages pricing is a bit more complex than Samcart’s simple tiered plans. The features included at each pricing level aren’t as clearly explained upfront either.
Which Has Better Templates?
Both Samcart and Leadpages offer professionally designed templates to help you quickly create landing pages that convert.
Samcart’s template are focused on maximizing revenue for your online store. Their checkout page templates are gorgeous and optimized for sales. Other templates allow you to easily add order bumps, upsells, payment options and more to boost revenue.
Leadpages has template for a wider range of uses – welcome gates, product launches, list building, webinars, and more. While beautiful, none are specifically designed for online stores or selling products directly.
Most entrepreneurs would benefit more from Samcart’s sales-oriented templates. But if you just need a landing page to capture emails or promote a launch, Leadpages has excellent options too.
Samcart vs Leadpages: Ease of Use
Both Samcart and Leadpages are designed to make it as easy as possible for anyone create landing pages.
Samcart’s drag-and-drop editor lets you customize templates or build sales funnels from scratch in minutes. Features like order bumps and upsells can be added with single clicks. No coding or design skills needed.
Similarly, Leadpages simple editor makes it easy for beginners to customize templates by dragging, dropping, and editing elements directly on the page. The process is very intuitive.
For the most part, both platforms are beginner friendly and you can build your first landing page or sales funnel very quickly. Samcart may have a slight learning curve if you need to set up payment integrations or subscriptions. But their documentation and tutorials walk you through the process step-by-step.
Overall, ease of use is a draw between Leadpages and Samcart. Both make landing page creation accessible for new users.
The ability to connect your landing pages and checkout pages with email marketing platforms, payment processors and other business software is crucial.
Here’s an overview of some of the top integrations offered by Samcart and Leadpages:
- Samcart integrates with AWeber, Mailchimp, Drip, ConvertKit, ActiveCampaign, and more.
- Leadpages also integrates with all major email platforms including AWeber, Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Klaviyo, and others.
- Samcart seamlessly integrates with payment processors like Stripe, Braintree, PayPal, and Authorize.net.
- With Leadpages, you would need to link out to a third-party processor like PayPal for transactions.
- Both Samcart and Leadpages integrate with webinar platforms like GoToWebinar and EverWebinar.
- Leadpages offers direct integrations with Salesforce, HubSpot, Marketo and other CRMs.
- Samcart doesn’t integrate with CRMs by default, but you can connect them using Zapier.
- Samcart has a built-in affiliate platform so you can easily create an affiliate program.
- With Leadpages, you’d need a third-party affiliate solution.
Samcart clearly has the edge when it comes to ecommerce-related integrations. Leadpages offers seamless connections to lead capture and email marketing tools. Both are easily extensible using Zapier.
Samcart vs Leadpages: Which Is Better for Landing Pages?
So when it comes down to Samcart vs Leadpages, which platform is better for creating landing pages?
The short answer – it depends on what kind of landing pages you need:
- For sales landing pages to sell products/services, Samcart is the better choice. It’s templates, seamless payment integrations and built-in shopping cart make it the perfect conversion-focused sales funnel builder.
- For list building and lead capture landing pages, Leadpages is the better option. With Leadpages you can quickly create opt-in pages and connect to all the major email marketing platforms.
- If you need landing pages for promoting webinars, book launches, or events, both Samcart and Leadpages work great. Leadpages may have more template options for these types of pages.
- For ebook sales pages, Samcart’s order bump and upsell features give it an advantage. Leadpages would still work, you’d just need to link to PayPal checkout.
Bottom line – if your priority is to sell products or services directly through your landing pages, Samcart is the right platform.
But if you mainly need landing pages for list building and lead generation, Leadpages will serve you well.
Using Samcart and Leadpages together can be powerful for most online businesses. Use Leadpages to capture subscribers and build your audience. Then funnel them into a Samcart sales sequence to convert them into customers.
Main Differences Between Samcart vs Leadpages
So what’s the final verdict on Samcart vs Leadpages?
Both platforms make it simple for online businesses to create high converting landing pages and are excellent options.
If you need to build sales funnels and maximize revenue, Samcart is the better choice. Key advantages include:
- Templates designed specifically for checkout and sales pages
- Built-in shopping cart and payment integrations
- One-click upsells and order bumps
- Affiliate center to promote products
- Subscription and recurring payment options
For lead generation landing pages, Leadpages comes out on top. With Leadpages you get:
- Fast, easy landing page creation
- Hundreds of flexible templates
- Intuitive drag and drop editor
- Seamless email marketing integrations
- Lead capture forms and alerts
Ultimately, choosing between Leadpages and Samcart depends on your business needs. For online stores and selling products directly, Samcart is the top choice. If you just need landing pages to grow your audience, Leadpages is ideal.
Many businesses can benefit from using both tools together – Leadpages for capturing subscribers, Samcart for converting them into buyers.
To recap, here are some of the key points on Leadpages vs Samcart:
- Samcart specializes in checkout pages and sales funnels, while Leadpages focuses on landing pages for lead generation
- Samcart is an end-to-end ecommerce solution; Leadpages does not offer built-in shopping carts
- Samcart’s templates are tailored for high-converting sales pages
- Leadpages has more template options for different types of landing pages (opt-ins, launches, etc)
- Samcart offers superior payment integrations and one-click upsells
- Both integrate easily with email marketing platforms
- For online stores, Samcart is a better choice; for list building, go with Leadpages
- Using both together can be very powerful
No matter which tool you choose, using professionally designed landing pages is critical for converting visitors into customers and growing your business online. Both Samcart and Leadpages make it fast and easy to start increasing revenue.
Hopefully this detailed comparison has helped you decide whether Samcart or Leadpages better meets your needs. Now you can choose the best platform and start creating high-converting landing pages!